Faculties and Schools
- School of Science.
- School of Business, Management and Economics.
- School of Computer Science and IT.
- School of Engineering.
- School of Graduate Studies.
- School of Health Sciences.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- Well equipped engineering workshops.
- Physics and Chemistry laboratories.
- Well equipped ICT labs.
- Modern library.
- Lecture halls.
- Playing grounds and fields.
- Games facilities.
- Dining facility.
- Academic blocks.
- Students' common rooms.
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology DKUT Reviews and Rating by Students and Alumni: 4.4
out of 5
based on 41 ratings and 41 reviews.
- Patrick Theuri Wachira(B. Sc. Computer Science Class of 2015)
Dedan Kimathi University is a fast growing university with challenges just like any other of its kind. I was there when it was chartered and I am a witness that this has brought joy and folly in equal measures. The courses introduced since the university was chartered have a long way to go before they get fully acknowledged in the job market. Many of the students had a burning wish to graduate under JKUAT's wing but that wasn't possible. We had no choice. I believe that the University needs time before its brand can become a force in the job market. The university has very few hostels of its own. It is therefore difficult to accommodate the population that comes in with every intake. Most students end up renting private hostels in the neighborhood.
- Kibett Vncent Sang(Civil Engineering Class of 2020)
The university has good leadership and provides quality services to its students having a pool of capable and committed lecturers.
They also have modern machines to be used in civil engineering and enough resource requirement to sustain its students.
Classrooms are well ventilated.
- Benson Korir(Computer science Class of 2018)
It is the best university of Technology offering quality education. I love it. You can always be assured of getting the best from this university. If you are thinking of joining us, i totally recommend it.
- Eric Ndolo Mbithi( Class of 2011)
Kudos to all those have been at Kimathi.
We the pioneers have all to say but we managed.
Thank you our principal Professor Kioni and all IT lecturers for making our dream come true.
- Peter Gakau( Class of 2013)
In school of Computer Science and Information Technology undertaking a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology......You better fall in love with computers...
- David Mugasia( Class of 2013)
I study at the main campus in Nyeri. Kimathi University is one best place for one to study. To me, the institution is one of the best public University growing up!
- Rotich Wesley(Bsc. Mechatronic Engineering Class of 2017)
I enjoy the Engineering course I'm taking as it is my dream field. The campus also provides me all i need to achieve my dreams.
- John Njenga( Class of 2012)
Am currently pursuing Bsc. Actuarial Science and Other Professional courses( CPA,Actuarial Papers i.e CT papers)
- Kariuki Julius Mwangi( Class of 2013)
Bsc.Telecommunication and Information Engineering.
It is a perfect place to shape my career.
- Anthony Kihara Njau( Class of 2017)
I am a first year student pursuing a Bachelor of science in Industrial Chemistry.