South Eastern Kenya University
South Eastern Kenya University details
- Address: P.O BOX 170-90200, Kitui
- Location: Kitui
- Telephone Number: +254-716962770
- Telephone Number 2: +254-20-2413859
- Email Address: email@example.com
- University Website: www.seku.ac.ke
Photos of this institution
About South Eastern Kenya University
South Eastern Kenya University (SEKU) is a fully- fledged University which was awarded a Charter on 1st March, 2013 by immediate former President of Hon. Mwai Kibaki.SEKU is located in Eastern province, Kitui district, Yatta division, Kwa-vonza location. It is 13 km from Kwa-vonza market along Kitui –Machakos road in a serene environment conducive for learning. Its immediate neighbours include Kenyatta University Kitui campus, the Goat and Sheep Project Project (GASP) and Nyumbani Village Children’s Home. The University lies on 10,000 acres in Kitui district and 4500 acres in Emali, along the Nairobi-Mombasa road.
The University is comprised of the following schools:
1. School of Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences
2. School of Environment and Natural Resources Management
3. School of Earth Sciences
4. School of Humanities and Social Sciences
5. School of Pure and Applied Sciences
6. School of Engineering and Technology
7. School of Business and Economics
8. School of Information and Communication Technology
9. School of Water Resources and Irrigation Technology
10. School of External Studies and Continuing Education
Below are some of the courses offered at the university
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Horticulture
- Bachelor of Science in Dryland Agriculture
- Masters of Science in Agronomy
- Diploma in Crop protection
- Diploma in Apiculture
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Diploma in General Agriculture.
- Craft certificate in General Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Range Management
- Bachelor of science in Dryland Animal Science
- Master of Science Livestock Production System
- Diploma in Range Management
- Diploma in Animal Health and Production
- Certificate in Animal Health production
- Master of Science in Agricultural Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma in Food Science and Technology
- Diploma in Hydrology
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Hydrology and Water Resources Management
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Water Resources and Waste Water Planning and Management.
- B.Sc. in Fisheries Management and Aquaculture Technology
- BSc. in Environmental Conservation and Natural Resources Management
- BSc. in Management of Agro-Ecosystems & Environment
- BSc. in Environmental Management
- B.Sc. in Forestry
- Diploma in Forestry
- Certificate in Environmental Impact Assessment & Audit
- B.Sc. Geology
- B.Sc. Meteorology
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (B.Sc. Chemistry) and
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Craft certificate in motor vehicle mechanics
- Craft certificate in electrical installation
- Craft certificate in electrical installation
- Diploma in clothing technology
- Craft certificate in clothing technology
- Craft Certificate in building construction (masonry option)
- Craft Certificate in building construction (carpentry and joinery option)
- Diploma in building construction
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Diploma in Public Relations
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Economics and Statistics
- Bachelor of Procurement and Supply chain Management
- Diploma In Social work and Social Development)
- Bachelor of Arts in Gender and Development
- Bachelor of Arts , Social Work
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology ( KNEC)
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
Course application forms can be accessed online via http://www.seku.ac.ke/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=10%3Aadmissions&Itemid=36&lang=en
Programs and courses
Do you know a course offered in this university?Add the course.
Latest Reviews by Students and Alumni
South Eastern Kenya University Reviews and Rating by Students and Alumni: 4.5
out of 5
based on 46 ratings and 46 reviews.
- Julius Kyalo David(BCom Finance Class of 2016)
The school is situated in the most appropriate and conducive environment of studying with absolute zero chances of disturbance that can result from factors like noise since the only road within the school area is just a single road that only leads to the school. Security is well maintained since the school is fenced and the security guards conduct frisking exercises to individuals entering and leaving the school. Facilities are adequate since the library services are automated and borrowing of books is done online as well there are computers available for the use by students for research purposes and the availability of wifi for browsing. The lectures are very punctual and cover all the content within the required time. Examination results,fee balances,event communications are done through the students portal.
- Motatiro Chacha Emmanuel(Biochemistry and molecular biology Class of 2017)
South eastern Kenya university is a university located in kitui county. I like the behaviour of students, staffs and lecturers in this university. I also like its well equipped library and laboratories. It''s performance is promising. It is certified by the international standard of operation. However it faces challenges such as transportation due to its remoteness as well as poor infrastructures.
- Edward Chege(Bachelor of economics and statistics Class of 2019)
The school is located in a conducive and noise-free environment. It has a well equipped library and spacious lecture hall. Security around the school is assured of with security officers monitoring movement of students and staffs in and out of the facility. Due to semiarid condition in the area, water shortage still remains a challenge.
- Peter Mutambu(Bachelor of Commerce Class of 2018)
I believe it is the best. Literally there is something for everyone out there. At first I didn't enjoy it because of its environment and the little town here has no shopping, and social life is quite limited. I later realized its the best, with a conducive learning environment.
- Joseph Muyela Amihanda(Education Science(Mathematics/Physics) Class of 2017)
The best place to learn is in an arid and semi arid area like this. A university in a unique and serene environment that best accommodates the majority. Despite the water problem in the area, the night environment is awesome. The best place to be.
- Elvis Kisina(Bsc. Electronics Class of 2018)
Actually SEKU is located in serene environment conducive for learning away from nearby market centres. It has well trained staff members and offers quality education. Although the laboratories are not well equipped. I will actually miss SEKU.
- Ajabu Norris(Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) Class of 2015)
The University is located in a very cool and quiet place providing a good studying environment. It is an upcoming university, still facing facility and infrustructural challenges but with time it is going to be the best University in Kenya.
- Dr. Brian Tom(Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Class of 2017)
I have an ambition to be a Gynecologist by 2022
Am studying Biochemistry and Molecular Biology which are stepping stones towards that.
At The South Eastern Kenya University,the environment is conducive for study.
- Shadrack Kipkoech(Bachelor of economics and statistics Class of 2019)
This is a university offering many courses. though not situated in a good place, it has placed a good security and it offers good quality teaching. It has a good trained facilitators.
- Duncan Nyakundi( Class of 2016)
The university is so adorable and a great one.
It has a lot of good features that anyone will find it hard to deny.
This School is part of me as much as i am part of it.
Did you study in this institution or are you a current student?
Join and write a review about it.
More universities in Kenya
View all universities