Diploma in Agriculture(Agriculture)
Colleges and Universities Offering Diploma in Agriculture(Agriculture) in Kenya
Course Name: Diploma in Agriculture(Agriculture)
Major Subject: Agriculture
Course Category: Diploma
Average Study Duration: 2 Years
Colleges Offering Diploma in Agriculture(Agriculture)
- Meru University of Science and Technology (MUCST), Meru
Admission Requirements: Minimum mean grade of C (plain) at KCSE with C-(minus) in Biology/Biological Sciences and Agriculture and a C- (minus) in Chemistry/Physical Sciences or Mathematics/Physics or Geography.
Holders of Certificate in Agriculture or its equivalent with a credit and above from any recognized institution.
Holders of Certificate in Agriculture or its equivalent with a pass and a minimum of two years relevant experience from any institution recognized by the University Senate.
Course duration: 4 semesters.
Modes of study: Full-time/Weekend/Distance Learning.
Fees per semester: Ksh. 35,000 per semester.
- Narok University College, Narok
One is required to have scored a minimum of a C in KCSE.
Those with a certificate in agriculture from a reputable institution.
- Mawego Technical Training Institute, Oyugis
Modules I, II, III.
Minimum entry requirements: KCSE mean grade of C-.
Module II requires a pass in Module I.
Module III requires a pass in module II.
Course duration: 3 terms for module I; 2 terms for module II and III.
Intakes: January and September.
- Rongo University College, Rongo
- Applicants must have attained a minimum of a C in KCSE or
- A certificate in agriculture or its equivalent
- 3 years
Universities Offering Diploma in Agriculture(Agriculture)
- Karatina University college School of Agriculture and Biotechnology, Karatina
- A minimum of a C- in KCSE with a C in English or kiswahili, a C- in physics or maths and a C- in any two of the following:
(i) Home science,biological science,physical science and geography or
- Hold a 2 year certificate in agriculture or its equivalent
- 3 years
Mode of study
- Full time and part time
- Moi University Kitale Campus, Kitale
This course is suitable for
students who wish to use
diploma as an entry requirement
for degree program.It is also ideal for
for those who wish to practice
agriculture in either small-scale
or large scale.
- One must have scored
C in KCSE with C- in English
- The program takes two years
Return to Courses