Kiambu Institute of Science and Technology
Kiambu Institute of Science and Technology details
- Address: P.O. BOX 414-00900
- Location: Kiambu
- Telephone Number: 0727807713 / 0734207663
- Email Address: email@example.com
- College Website: www.kist.ac.ke
About Kiambu Institute of Science and Technology
Kiambu Institute of Science and Technology is among the institutes of higher learning recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education Science and Technology.
It is located along Kiambu road just before Kiambu town.
The institute was established through the efforts of Kiambu residents and the aid from two Protestant church organizations namely:
(a)I.C.C.O. of Netherlands
(b)E.Z.E. of Germany.
The pioneer admission process took place in September 1973 to offer the following craft courses:
Since then,the institute has developed leading to introduction of the departments below:
(a)Business,Entrepreneurship and Social Studies
(d)Electrical and Electronics Engineering
(f)Building and Civil Engineering
Kiambu Institute of Science and Technology is a registered member of the bodies below:
(a)Commonwealth Association of Polytechnics in Africa (CAPA)
(b)Kenya Association of Technical Training Institutions (KATTI)
(c)World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP) through CAPA
Programs and courses
Advanced Diploma (1 courses)
- Advanced Diploma in Electronics Engineering ()
Bridging (4 courses)
- Bridging Course in Chemistry (Chemistry)
- Bridging Course in Physics (Physics)
- Bridging Courses (English, Biology and Mathematics)
- Bridging Course in Business Management (Business Management)
- Certificate in Electronics Technology (Electronics Technology)
- International Computer Driving License(ICDL) ()
- Certificate in Business management (Business Management)
- Certificate in Electrical Technology (Electrical Technology)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Commerce)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Information Technology)
- Bachelor of Science (Agribusiness Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Business Administration (Commerce & Business Administration)
- Diploma in Food and Beverage (Food and Beverage)
- Diploma in Electronics (Electronics)
- Diploma in Water Technology (Water Technology)
- procurement management (procurement)
Higher Diploma (1 courses)
- Higher Diploma in Food Science and Inspection (Food Science & Inspection)
Do you know a course offered in this college?Add the course.
Reviews by Students and Alumni
No alumni reviews available for this college.
Did you study in this institution or are you a current student?
Join and write a review about it.
More Colleges in Kenya
View all colleges