Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education(Early Childhood Development)
Colleges and Universities Offering Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education(Early Childhood Development) in Kenya
- Course Name: Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education(Early Childhood Development)
- Major Subject: Early Childhood Development
- Course Category: Diploma
- Average Study Duration: 2 Years
Colleges Offering Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education(Early Childhood Development)
Do you know a college which offers this course?Add it.
- MIT Teachers Training College, Machakos
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE C plain or KCE Div. 2 or the equivalent
- A DICESE or Kindergarten Headmistress Association or Montessori Certificate with at least D+
- P1 certificate
- Long service ECD teacher with a KNEC proficiency examination Certificate
The following units are covered under this course
- Philosophical, Sociological and Historical Foundations of ECDE
- Curriculum Development
- Child Growth and Development 1- [Conception - 3 Yrs]
- General Methods of Teaching Young Children and Material Development
- Child Growth and Development 11- [ 3 - 8 Years]
- Language Activities
- Mathematics Activities
- Science Activities
- Research Monitoring and Evaluation
- Music and Movement Activities
- Creative Activities
- Health, Nutrition and Care
- Children In Need of Special Protection, Research Project
- General Psychology
- Child Rights and Child Protection
- Physical /Psychomotor Activities
- Community Development
- Social Studies Activities
- Guidance and Counseling
- Child Development 111 - Pre -Adolescence and Adolescence
- Personality Development
- Administration and Management of ECDE Programmes
Course Duration: 1.5 years.
- Kisauni Youth Polytechnic, Mombasa
- KCSE mean grade of C (plain)or Certificate in ECD.
- A DICESE or Kindergarten Headmistress Association or Montessori Certificate with and at least D+
- P1 certificate
- Long service ECD teacher with a KNEC proficiency examination certificate
Course Duration: 2 Years in service 1 year 3 months full time
Examination Body: KNEC
- Memon College, Mombasa
Admission Entry Requirements:
1. P1 Certificate.
2. Minimum of C (Plain) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent.
3. Grade D+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with pass in Early Childhood Development Education Certificate or DICECE Certificate.
- Narok University College, Narok
One is required to have scored a C in KCSE.
Those having a certificate in early childhood development will be considered too.
- Kivuli College, Wangige
Exam Body: KNEC.
Minimum Entry Requirements: KCSE C (Plain).
Course Duration: 4 terms for full time students and 2 years for part time students.
- Riccatti Business College, Nairobi
Minimum course entry requirements: Mean Grade C Plain in K.C.S.E or KCE Division II.
Course duration: 6 semesters/2 years.
Exam body: KNEC.
- Africana College of Professionals, Thika
Examination Body: KNEC.
Minimum entry requirements: KCSE C (Plain).
Course duration: 2 years.
Fees payable per semester: Ksh. 10,500.
- International Teaching and Training Center, Kitengela
- KCSE C plain and above Or;
- Holders of P1 Certificate.
Intakes: January and May.
- Jodan College of Technology Thika Main Campus, Thika
Duration: 1 year
Fees payable per term: Ksh. 15,000
Requires KCSE C- to qualify for admission.
- Brighter College, Ongata Rongai
Fulltime (one year)
In-service (6 holiday sessions)
Part-time (evenings and weekends)
- Kenya Institute of Management and Technology , Kisii
- Nakuru College of Health Sciences & Management, Nakuru
- Kitale Cedar ECDE Teacher Training College, Kitale
- Kibabii Diploma Teachers' Training College, Bungoma
- Kipsigis Teachers' Training College, Litein
- Kaimosi Teachers Training College, Kaimosi
- Eregi Teachers Training College, Maragoli
- Bondo Teachers Training College, Bondo
- Blescohouse Teachers Training College, Nakuru
- Nabongo Teachers Training College, Bungoma
Universities Offering Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education(Early Childhood Development)
Do you know a university which offers this course?Add it.
- Moi University, Annex Town Campus, Eldoret
- Kirinyaga university college town campus, Karatina
-students must have scored a minimum of C- in KCSE and above or
-A certificate in early childhood development and education or its equivalent
Mode of study
- Riara University School of Education, Nairobi
-Candidates must have attained a C in KCSE or
-A certificate in early childhood development and education
Mode of study
- Mount Kenya University School of Education, Thika
- A minimum of a C in KCSE with a C- in maths and English or
- Hold a KCE certificate with division III with credit pass in both English and maths or
- Hold a relevant certificate from a recognized institution with at least a credit pass
- 2 years
Mode of study
- Weekend,distance learning,school based,part time and full time
- University of Nairobi, Nairobi
- Kenyatta University, Nairobi
- Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Kisumu
Return to Courses