Moi University details
- Address: P.O. BOX 3900 Eldoret 30100
- Location: Eldoret
- Telephone Number: +254 (0)53 43363 / 43620
- Email Address: email@example.com
- University Website: www.mu.ac.ke
Photos of this institution
About Moi University
One of the best universities in Kenya. Located 35 km from Eldoret town about 200 km from Kenya's Capital Nairobi, it offers the most conducive learning conditions to students. Established in 1984. Offers undergraduate, postgraduate and masters programs in such fields as Business and economics, engineering, medicine and surgery, education, law, agriculture, information science, marine sciences among others. The university has one of the best libraries in Kenya.
The university has various campuses namely: College of Health Science, Eldoret West, Town Campus, Kitale, Kericho, Nairobi, Coast, Alupe and Odera Akango Campuses. The university is also affiliated to the following colleges and university colleges: Maasai Mara University, Kabianga University, Karatina University, University of Eldoret, Rongo University College, Garissa University College, Kibabii University College, Masinde Muliro University as well as Oginga Odinga University.
Programs and courses
Advanced Diploma (1 courses)
Higher Diploma (2 courses)
Post Graduate Diploma (7 courses)
Pre University (1 courses)
Do you know a course offered in this university?Add the course.
Latest Reviews by Students and Alumni
Moi University Reviews and Rating by Students and Alumni: 4.6
out of 5
based on 344 ratings and 344 reviews.
- Sam Oduor(Linguistics, Media and Communication Class of 2019)5Moi University has and will remain my university of choice. Situated 32 kilometres off Eldoret town, Moi University Main Campus where I study bears a benign cool climate, one favorable for studying just as in the library. Moi University is well structured, having facilities and modern infrastructure such as the Margaret Thatcher Library. It is fantastic, bearing the accreditation as being one of the topmost universities in Kenya and ranked 32 in Africa. Moi is the place to belong. It is a place to nurture your talent and pursue your career. Its security is the best. Moi University is just beautiful, at least if not fantastic. It operates on its own without interference since it is in in a rural place. I joined MU because I felt I had to be there. Our lecturers are the best and our system well programmed. Our motto, like the star-spankled banner of the USA proceeds all: Foundation of Knowledge. Nevertheless, I hate the rural condition of Moi, it seems to be too remote! My life in Moi is very interesting. I enjoy being a true participant in the realm of life here. I really perceive that life in Moi, my stay in the Soweto hostels, the magnificent of all, all those experiences. Students are well brought up, discipline is adamant. Comrades, as we call ourselves, are polite, industrious and manageable. I just like it. I love you Moi University.
- Lukoye Robert(Bachelor of Science Entrepreneurship Class of 2019)5The Institution is excellent if not perfect in terms of value addition to students. It has a good library and committed lecturers which make learning efficient. However, security and hygiene have been a major concern, most recent being the death of several students at the campus, striking janitors among other thorns in its flesh that might tarnish its image. I therefore appeal to the top management to do something about this before things turn from bad to worse. Thank you.
- Victor Kipkoech(Education Science Class of 2019)4Generally, moi is one of the best universities in Kenya. It has produced great members of the society. The infrastructure is somehow developed, but congestion is now the major problem. The lecturers are also not much enough thus students face many problems especially in the school of education.
- Eunice Pande(Community Development Class of 2018)5This has been my university of choice. It has good facilities, library with current publication, best laboratories, large compound with conducive environment for learning, many lecturers in every school and its located in a fine area out of town that makes learning efficient.
- Raphael Gitu(Bsc. Strategic Management Class of 2015)4Moi university main campus is located in Kesse, Uasin gishu county. It is a public institution. The campus is surrounded by villages from the local community. The security of the campus is unmanageable due to the frequent trespassing of the local people through the campus. The institution hires its own security staff. The trespassing is more frequent due to the lack of a complete fence around the campus and the vast campus land. The infrastructure of the institution is of high quality but lack maintenance i.e the buildings, some roads and pavements. Due the high intake the campus is experiencing inadequate resources e.g lecture halls and hostels. The academic level of the campus is relatively high though it lacks adequate research books and an adequate library-computer lab for the large student population. Each school has a computer lab but this is not sufficient when compared to the number of students in each school. The library is located in a very strategic place. The campus has various schools i.e education,b/s, H.R, engineering, I.S, arts and social sciences, biological and physical sciences. The institution admits through Jab and also private sponsored students.
- Honourable Aseif Ramadhan(Diploma in Information Science Class of 2013)5It is a modern institution which has its branches national wide. It offers most recognized courses by most universities. It has updated library facilities hence good learning environment. Apart from learning it supports ball games and other trips and cultures.
- Thomas Ogaloh Mikulah(Bachelor of Tourism Management Class of 2006)5A wonderful experience at Moi university, Chepkoilel campus now turned to the University of Eldoret. It was a great experience interacting with the diversity of people, languages and religion. Very friendly learning environment and teaching staff in the Department of Tourism Management. Had great experience as member of the Christian union and got alot of exposure to christian leadership and mission work. God bless Moi University.
- Magare Bonface(Bachelor of Education Arts Class of 2016)3Moi University is located in Eldoret Kenya. It was the second public university to be set up in Kenya in 1984 through an act of parliament. The university has quite a number of modern infrastructure that are relevant to the academic requirements, this includes;the Margaret thatcher library, the moi university bookshop and well structured classrooms. The university also has a policy that is aimed at providing quality education that meet the needs of the current job market in the Kenyan economy and the world as a whole.
- Vincent Shayo(Tourism Management Class of 2018)4The School has a conducive welcoming learning environment.There are enough research materials available. Lecturers are usually time-conscious and they are also excellent in delivering their service. They also do involve students in learning by allowing them participate in Problem Based Learning (P.B.L) presentations.It is awesome.There are plenty field trips to necessitate the practical part of student learning.
The disadvantaged sometimes face a challenge of accessing some university facilities like the washrooms, which are only designed to cater for the strong and healthy; without physical challenges.
- Samuel Kipkoech(Bachelor of travels, tours and operation management Class of 2019)5The university is the best, in providing basic knowledge in various courses. I am happy to be this university. I know after four year i will be having good marker out there.
Did you study in this institution or are you a current student?
Join and write a review about it.
More universities in Kenya
View all universities