Join our alumni directory today and find your current or former classmates from school, college or
Search for schools
Get information on
all schools in Kenya. Choose from the best.
Find all colleges in Kenya from our easy to use colleges directory. Search for colleges by location as well as courses offered.
Find both public and private
universities in Kenya and abroad.
Discuss and share ideas. Ask questions and get answers
Browse our collection of interview questions. Know which questions to expect as you go for job interview.
Browse our collection of educational resources as you prepare for examinations and also for common knowledge.
Kasneb CPA Syllabus
Biology Form 1
Exam Name: Biology Form 1
Course: Secondary Level
Exam Year: 2010
Nile Road Secondary School
Form 1 Biology CAT 1 Term 2
1. What is a cell (1mk)
2. Name two devices that are used for magnifying objects in Biology (2mks)
3. What are the differences between a light microscope and and electron microscope (3mks)
4. State the functions of the following parts of a light microscope (3mks)
a. Revolving nose piece
5. Define the term classification (1mk)
6. Give reasons why we should classify organisms (4mks)
7. Name the seven levels of classification (3mks)
8. Give reasons why organisms that do not belong to the same species cannot interbreed (2mks)
9. Give two major differences between plants and animals (2mks)
10. Explain the meaning of the term Binomial Nomenclature (2mks)
11. State any three characteristics of the kingdom monera (3mks)
12. Give the differences between monocotyledonous and dicotyledonous plants (5mks)
Return to Question Papers
Download wide range of KCSE, KCPE and KASNEB papers and answers for free.
If you are preparing for your KCPE exams, try our free online tests to gauge yourself.
Scholarships in Kenya
Find a wide range of scholarships both in Kenya and abroad. View full scholarship details, application requirements and procedures.