Sociological Theory 1 Question Paper
Exam Name: Sociological Theory 1
Course: Bachelor Of Arts (Sociology)
Category: University Of Nairobi question papers
FIRST SEMESTER EXAMINATIONS 2009/2010
SECOND YEAR EXAMINATIONS FOR THE DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF ARTS
CSO 201; SOCIOLOGICAL THEORY 1
26TH FEBRUARY 2010
INSTRUCTIONS ANSWER ANY THREE QUESTIONS
1. Using appropriate examples show the relevance of the structural functionalism in the understanding of the Kenyan society.
2. To what extent do you agree with Karl Marx and Ralph Dahrendorf on social conflict?
3. Demonstrate clearly how Max Weber applied the various forms of social action to discuss bureaucracy and the Protestant Ethic
4. Discuss Herbert Mead’s perspective on the mind, self and society. Do you find his argument convincing?
5. “Kenya is mainly horizontally stratified.” Critically discuss this statement.
6. “Social life is basically governed by self interest and reciprocity.” Using the social change theory, discuss this statement.
More Question Papers
Return to Question Papers