Earn online on Kenyaplex by posting past papers. Start Now!
Rural Sociology Question Paper
Exam Name: Rural Sociology
Course: Bachelor Of Arts (Sociology)
Category: University Of Nairobi question papers
FIRST SEMESTER EXAMINATIONS 2009/2010
SECOND YEAR EXAMINATIONS FOR THE DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF ARTS
CSO 206 RURAL SOCIOLOGY
16TH FEBRUARY 2010
INSTRUCTIONS ANSWER ANY THREE QUESTIONS
1. What is rural sociology? Briefly discuss the historical development of rural sociology and outline its areas of concern
2. Rural-urban differentials are more realistically conceptualized as continuum rather than as categories. Discuss this statement drawing from Ferdinand Tonnies, Robert Redfield and Emile Durkheim
3. What do you understand by land tenure? Using relevant examples, illustrate the importance of understanding land tenure by a rural sociologists.
4. Who are pastoralists? Critically analyze the major causes of pastoralists underdevelopment in Kenya and suggest appropriate interventions by rural sociologists
5. What are the major determinants of rural-urban migration? Suggest how the Kenya government can reduce rural-urban migration.
6. How does Robert Chambers (1983) explain the ‘deprivation trap’? Suggest practical measures the Kenya government can adopt in order to alleviate rural poverty.
7. What is ‘rural development’? analyze the factors that determine rural development and the challenges facing Kenya in attempts to attain sustainable rural development.
More Question Papers
Return to Question Papers