Need a private tutor? 0792009522(Call, SMS or Whatsapp) firstname.lastname@example.org
Aps 210: Motivation And Emotion 2016/2017 Question Paper
Exam Name: Aps 210: Motivation And Emotion 2016/2017
Course: Bachelor Of Arts
Category: Kenyatta University question papers
UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS 2016/2017
FIRST SEMESTER EXAMINATION FOR THE DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF ARTS
APS 210: MOTIVATION AND EMOTION
Time: 11.00 a.m-1.00p.m
Answer question 1 and any other two questions
1. a)Define the following terms:
i) Motivation (2 marks)
ii) Emotion ( 2 marks)
b) By citing relevant examples, briefly explain in two ways the link between motivation and emotions. ( 4 marks)
c) Briefly explain the following concepts in relation to homeostatic balance and fluid regulation in the human body.
i) Set-point ( 2 marks)
ii) Correctional mechanisms ( 2 marks)
d) Differentiate between volumetric thirst and osmotic thirst. ( 4 marks)
e) Explain the three basic elements in the expression of emotions.( 6 marks)
f) Identify the four components of emotional intelligence according to Goleman. ( 8 marks)
Answer any two questions in this section
2. There is a thin line between pleasure and pain.
Some people will seek out potentially painful experiences from which they derive pleasure.
By citing relevant examples, explain this in relations to the following two theories of motivation
i) Optimal Level of Arousal Theory ( 10 marks)
ii) Solomon’s Opponent Process Theory (10 marks)
3. There is a strong relationship between levels of arousal and the behavior of sportsmen and women.
Explain how Yerkes-Dodson law on levels of arousal can be used to explain the performance of sports people. ( 20 marks)
4. With relevant examples from everyday life experiences, describe Parkinson’s four-factor theory on emotional experience. ( 20 marks)
5. Compare and contrast James-Lange theory and Cannon-Bard theory of emotions. ( 20 marks)
More Question Papers
Return to Question Papers