Efn 102: History Of Education Question Paper
Exam Name: Efn 102: History Of Education
Course: Bachelor Of Education (Arts)
Category: Kenyatta University question papers
UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS 2011/2012
SECOND SEMESTER EXAMINATION FOR THE DEGREE OF
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION
EFN 102: HISTORY OF EDUCATION
DATE: 10th APRIL, 2011 TIME: 8.00a.m – 10.00 a.m
ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS, ONE FROM EACH SECTION
1.Identify and discuss the factors behind the rise of medieval European universities, their organization and the Muslim contribution to their development. (23marks)
2. a) Define History of Education and critically discuss its importance in teacher education.
b) Outline the major features of either(i) Christianity, (ii) early Islamic education and discuss its role in the development of education in Europe. (22 marks)
3. Outline the main characteristics of colonial educational policies and practices in Africa, and identify reasons behind African resistance to them, and the results of this resistance. (22marks)
4. Discuss the effects of WWI and WWII on the development of education in Africa.
5. Give a detailed account of developments in either primary, Secondary, Higher, Teacher, Technical,or Adult education in Africa during the colonial period.
6. Explain the major challenges facing education in Africa today, and assess the impact of attempted solutions. (22marks)
page 1 of 1
More Question Papers
Return to Question Papers