Master Of Library And Information Sciences (Library And Information Sciences)
Information Organization Ii : Classification
Exam Name: Information Organization Ii : Classification
Course: Master Of Library And Information Sciences (Library And Information Sciences)
Institution/Board: Kenyatta University
UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS 2008/2009
SECOND SEMESTER EXAMINATION FOR THE DEGREE OF MASTER OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
MLIS 501: INFORMATION ORGANIZATION II : CLASSIFICATION
DATE: MONDAY 30TH MARCH 2009 TIME: 2.00 P.M. – 5.00 P.M.
• Answer any THREE Questions
1. Explain why special classification schemes have been developed despite the
existence of some comprehensive general classification schemes.
2. What criteria would you use in selecting a library classification scheme?
3. Giving appropriate examples, discuss principles of division as applied to
4. Why has the Dewey decimal classification scheme been described as a
classification upon which the sun never sets?
5. Discuss the relative index with emphasis on its strengths and weaknesses.
More Question Papers
Return to Question Papers