Dba 303: Organization Behaviour January,2011 Question Paper
Exam Name: Dba 303: Organization Behaviour January,2011
Course: Bachelor Of Commerce
Category: Kenyatta University question papers
MODULE II DEGREE PROGRAMME 2010/2011
THIRD YEAR EXAMINATIONS FOR THE DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF COMMERCE
DBA 303: ORGANIZATION BEHAVIOUR 15th JANUARY,2011
Time: 2 hours
Answer question ONE and any other TWO questions
1. (a) Define organizational behavior and explain how the knowledge of organization behavior can be used for personal growth. ( 12 marks)
(b) Scheduling reinforcement has been proposed as one of the ways of using reinforcement to manage behavior. Explain four schedules of reinforcement evaluating the likely effectiveness of each schedule. ( 12 marks)
(c ) In motivation employees’ needs can be classified under three different models of needs.
Explain these classifications. ( 6 marks)
2. (a) Show the similarities and differences between the way Vroom Expectancy Theory and Porter and Lawler Model is used to explain motivation. (12 marks)
(b) Distinguish between cognitive and social cognitive frameworks of organizational behavior. ( 8 marks)
3. (a) Explain the meaning of merit-based pay and explain how it can be used effectively to reinforce behavior.( 10 marks)
(b) Since people are usually confronted with numerous stimuli in the environment,they use the principles of perceptual selectivity to determine what to perceive. Explain these principles. ( 10 marks)
4. Various leadership studies and theories discussed have direct implications an leaderships styles of managers.
Discuss some of the leadership styles and behavior studied in this course. ( 20 marks)
5. (a) Stress is inevitable in organizations.
Explain some action management can take to reduce stress among employees. ( 10 marks)
(b) Explain briefly five factors that will determine whether a group will be effective or not in an organization. ( 10 marks)
More Question Papers
Return to Question Papers